North Liberty Presbyterian Church was a planted mission church with Centerville (Slippery Rock) established in 1880. It first met at the school house on June 21,1880 with 74 chartered members. Rev. Samuel Williams preached on the text Matt 5:14 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.” At that time North Liberty was part of the Butler Presbytery.